- Anne Carson, winner of our 2016 Blue Metropolis Grand Literary Prix.
- Thomas King, winner of our 2016 Blue Met First Peoples Literary Prize.
- Valeria Luiselli, winner of our 2016 Premio Metropolis Azul.
- Abdourahman Waberi, winner of our 2016 Words to Change Prize.
- Ghayas Hachem, winner of our 2016 Conseil des arts de Montreal Diversity Prize.
Also coming in 2016:
- Joseph Boyden, The Orenda, on the publication of his books into French
- Sunil Yapa, author of Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a First
- Carmen Aguirre, Canada Reads Winner launches her new book Mexican Hooker #1
- Daniel Tammet, Autistic savant and linguistic & mathematical genius
- Bernard Werber, one of the Francophone world's biggest names, on the launch of his new book
- Richard Blanco, American poet and author of Obama's inauguration poem and author of a new memoir about growing up gay in Miami in the 1980s
- Agata Tuszynska, Polish journalist and novelist, short-listed for France's Prix Femina for her novel La Fiancee de Bruno Schulz
- Jay Parini, author of The Last Station and a new biography of Gore Vidal
- Pierre Simenon, author of the memoir, De père à père, and the son of famed Maigret creator, Georges Simenon
- This Really Happened 2016, our online storytelling event
- Ayelet Tsabari, Israeli/Canadian author of the new collection, The Best Place on Earth
- Series on Irish writers (including Danielle McLaughlin, Sara Baume, Christine Dwyer Hickey and Paul Lynch)
- The return of our Translation Slam
- A series at the Contemporary Art Museum of Montreal (MAC)
- The Walrus Talks on Resilience
- Books, Body and Soul with events on health, healing, spirituality, throughout greater Montreal
The entire 2016 program is online now: check it out and get your tickets soon! The Festival runs April 11 to 17 at Hotel 10 downtown. More than half of our events are free; ticketed events range from $5 to $17.
Post a Comment