|Nature re-claims chunks of the abandoned towns near Fukushima|
- Amazing photos show nature taking over the site near where the Fukushima reactor melted down in 2011. The supermarkets, highways, schools and parking lots sit silent and empty as the Earth claims them back.
- A list of gothic horror works that should be of interest to all who like to have the bejeezus scared out of them. A lot of great works here which include Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (one of my all-time favourite novels) and more contemporary works like White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi. One thing I noticed: most of these works are by women.
- A personal reflection on the benefits, joys and comforts of regularly spending time on your own. There's also evidence that it is good for the brain.
- A writer imagines Charlotte's Web as though Albert Camus were a character in it.
- Long piece on Gloria Steinem. Steinem will be here in Montreal on December 1st at 7pm in Mile End.
- I want this: a card game based on Moby Dick.
Post a Comment