- "Kafka belonged to his contemporary world and stood estranged from it."
- Young Lebanese graphic novelist discusses a vanished, haunting Beirut in two of her recently translated works.
- Paul P. is one of my favorite Canadian painters. That's all. Unfortunately, his works are in the $10,000 - $15,000 range at least. Out of my reach.
- Edgar Allan Poe stories read by Vincent Price and Basil Rathbone. Should have saved this one for Halloween.
- Drawn & Quarterly shows off newest Riad Sattouf book now available in the shop on Bernard Street: L'Arab du futur. Sattouf is one of the rising stars of graphic fiction in France and in the Arab world. We almost had Sattouf at our Festival in 2015 but he had a last-minute conflict which meant a reschedule. 2016? Possibly (note that the links for Sattouf are in French).
|Ages of Innocence by Paul P.|