|Iris Murdoch: Titian #fangirl|
- Salon explains why all the recent buzz around the work of Ta-Nehisi Coates would have been impossible without the work of his predecessor and literary ancestor, James Baldwin.
- French Mural artist creates a stir with his fascinating Montreal street mural.
- Heritage Montreal announces new walking tours of various historical neihghborhoods of the city including Griffintown, St-Henri, and the Plateau, among others. Tours take place on Saturdays and Sundays from August 1 until late September and last two hours. Register here.
- Iris Murdoch talks about her favorite painting, Titian's The Flaying of Marsyas in this 1990 Paris Review interview.
- Youtube makes available this four-part documentary on the life and death of Caravaggio, hosted by Andrew Graham-Dixon, author of Caravaggio: A Life Sacred and Profane.
- The Guardian reports on Atlas Obscura and their US literary map which maps in space scenes from the work and the lives of many American writers including Jack Kerouac, Mark Twain, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and (one my favorite writers), William Least Heat-Moon and his book Blue Highways.